Thursday, February 24, 2011

Are you an asset or a lump on a log?

So anyone that knows me knows that I love to be involved in my community. Partly because I love my community and want to be a change agent, but if I am honest with myself and you guys, it's because I am so nosey that I am scared I would miss something. SAD BUT TRUE!
Seriously, I think it is imperative while you guys take the journey with me to living a CONSCIOUS life that I ask.... 

Are you an asset or a lump on a log? 

What’s going on around you? Are schools facing layoffs? Are senior citizens isolated? Are little girls struggling to find themselves? Are little boys looking for a male figure?

There is always something that we can do. You have gifts and talents that your community is looking for. You have a problem with the things that are going on in your community? Do something about it!! I think if we have not learned anything this year, we have witnessed Egypt’s ability to advocate for themselves and their future generations. Their uprising has reignited the ability for the common man to prevail.
One of my favorite quotes by Margaret Mead, the world renown cultural anthropologist, says “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.”

So how dare you sit there like a lump on a log with your cute self!! Your community is waiting for you. Make a difference, get involved! Do Something! I believe you are an ASSET! Don’t you?  

For opportunities to get involved check out the websites  below or local agencies near you. You can locate service providers in your area by checking United Ways 211 or dialing 211 from any land line phone. Start service groups with your friends. Do something at your church! Be Creative! 

unCONSCIOUS living is not SEXY!


No comments:

Post a Comment